The D.C. Public Schools system has updated its health and safety measures for students and personnel to return in person for this fall.
WJLA-TV (Channel 7) reported DCPS will provide the following in order to “maintain a safe environment”:
– Using HVAC enhancements for well-ventilated spaces.
– Staff, personnel and visitors must wear masks or face coverings plus PPE and hygiene supplies will be provided.
– For high-touch surfaces, deep cleaning and enhanced cleaning protocols will be implemented.
– Students will be separated “as far as possible” and desks and tables will face the same direction “to the extent possible.”
– Pre-K and kindergarten students will eat in their classroom and other grade-level pupils will eat in the cafeteria, along with social distancing “to the extent possible.”
– Groups of student interactions will be limited to “to the extent feasible.”
– Students and personnel will follow a daily screening for illness, called “Ask, Ask, Look”
– Schools will report positive coronavirus cases with a school community if the infected person was in the building during the “infectious period.”
DCPS officials said a virtual option will be offered for those with medical eligibility requirements, WJLA reported. Those students will need to
Click to read the full article @The Washington Informer