A Hyde Park couple is one step closer to making their financial dreams come true. A deal set to become final next month between the nonprofit Historic Boston Incorporated and business owners Nikia Londy and Baron Langston of Intriguing Hair will pass ownership of the recently restored Vertullo Building, in which the wig shop has conducted business for the last six years.
The building, located on Fairmount Avenue in Hyde Park, was purchased by Historic Boston Inc. in 2010 and restored from a semi-dilapidated state to a historically accurate version of its former glory, with room for five small-business spaces and four apartments. According to HBI, the Vertullo Building was built in 1868 and expanded around 1890. On its website, HBI claims it is “likely the oldest and only surviving wooden commercial building in the Cleary and Logan Squares commercial district.”
After conducting research into what the building may
Click to read the full article @The Bay State Banner